Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Week 11: iCreate iMovie: iKnow iCan iWi!!


I must admit that when I knew I would be teaching the new iMovie format, I was a bit nervous. . .The iMovie 08 and iMovie 09 interfaces are soooo much different than the iMovie that I have been working with for the past . . .oh. . .12 years. However, I dove in and am now officially ready to lead you through editing on the new iMovie. If you haven't worked with the old iMovie, this should be a much easier process for you to make a movie. . .if you have worked with the older version. . .this is a VERY different experience. So, I may make a few mistakes, but I'm sure we can make our way through this!
Here are some tutorials: iMovie 08, iMovie 09, from Apple



I have graded many of the assignments that were past due. . .I will also give feedback on your narrative for NETS I. . .so I hope you have been editing. . .

You should be working on the Excel assignment, wiki, and the Journal 6-10 assignment

Hope you brought headphones. . .you can also bring your own music for the sample.

This Week's Question: What is your favorite movie that was based on a book you read? I would have to say "The Great Gatsby," with Robert Redford & Mia Farrow

13 comments:

  1. The Green Mile by Stephen King. I think it was the only movie-book combo I ever read and whatched where I felt like the movie did the book justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the PBS films of Agathie Christie's books, especially the Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot series. On the serious side, I've always liked "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee. The film (old, but still good) is excellent as well as the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that I love the Harry Potter Series and the Movies are just as good as the books (even though they have left some of the details in the book out!!). Also the Confessions of a Shopoholic Movie was good and very similar to the books by Sophie Kinsella which I loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm...I love reading and a lot of the books I have read have become movies. My favorite ones are: "The Joy Luck CLub", "Memiors of a Geshia", "A Little Princess", and all Disney movies (they were all books before Disney added his "magic" to them).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am much more of a visual person (I don't read much) I now that I have sucked into watching movies with my wife and she let's me know how they compared to the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Into the wild" is my favorite movie based on a book. I love the movie and the book. The book is more detailed but the movie has beautiful cinematography and music by Eddie Vedder. I recommend this one for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite movie based off of a book would have to be The Notebook with Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling. I love that movie and it makes me cry everytime I watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could say the Twilight series, but alas I cannot because I honestly think the first movie could have been done a lot better. The Vampire Diaries have been done pretty well for a TV series. As for a book that has actually done well for a MOVIE, I would have to say the best one I've seen is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (the newer one).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Harry Potter is an amazing book series, and an amazing movie series!! I thought the movie Holes was an awesome representation of the book too. I also loved My Sisters Keeper the book, and although the movie had a different twist on it than the book, I still really enjoyed the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Breakfast at Tiffany's." The book and the movie are very different but I love both : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Notebook! That is a really good movie! I love Rachel McAdams. I also think that her and Ryan Gosling need to get back together.... immediately (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LLOOOOVVEEE The Notebook! But I have also read Eat Pray Love and I love that book and they are making a movie right now with Julia Roberts so I will have to get back to you I am sure it will be a tie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think a good movie based on the bible that I love was "The Passion of Christ." I think that it was good imagination, and very interesting. Another one was "The Da vici code" also an interesting one. brought a few question to my busy brain.

    ReplyDelete